Well, ten days after this post, I finished my dress! I think I misunderstood the patterns, though. This is how it was supposed to look:
so what I think happened is that I only used half of the fabric that I was supposed to use for the skirt. The instructions made it look sort of like you were supposed to line the entire thing and I wasn’t planning on doing so so I cut half the amount and just used that, which is where I ran into problems o__o; The mysterious part is that I did not have enough cloth left over to make the whole skirt x2, so I don’t know what black magic was being worked there. Next time I just need to be more careful overall…
It is still wearable, though, and actually still works as a dress! I’ll just need to wear leggings/shorts under it. What I really need now is to be the singer for an indie rock band and then this dress would probably be PERFECT for performances :)
Until then, I’ll just continue dressing like Luna Lovegood and trolling “stylish” people.
(PS—yes, that is circus/neighborhood print fabric. Haters gonna hate.)
(PPS—I am gonna add the straps now that I know how it actually rests on my body.)